Imo people will be safe, healthy under my watch — Uzodinma
Coronavirus in Africa: close to 8,000 cases, 334 deaths, 702 recoveries
BREAKING: Osun missing coronavirus patients found
How Senegal is leading African fight against COVID-19
COVID-19: FRSC deploys 500 personnel around Ondo borders

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter, and be the first to get the latest news on Vanguard.
Subscribe
Ogiemwonyi celebrates Oshiomhole at 68
An All Progressives Congress Chieftain in Edo State, Engr Chris Ogiemwonyi has congratulated the National Chairman of the party, Adams Aliu Oshiomhole who clocked 68 today. He described the Initiator of One Man One vote as a Pathfinder and Leader of Leaders in a message signed by him. READ ALSO: Just In: Oyo COVID-19 Task Force […]
Kidnapped Adamawa NULGE Chairman: Police nabs 4 suspects, recover Army uniforms
Barely few hours after the kidnap of Adamawa Chairman of National Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Alhaji Hamman-Julde Gatugel, four suspected kidnappers have been arrested in Mayo-Belwa Local Government Area of the state.
[COVID-19] Day-2 lockdown: Nigerians share indoor experiences
Wednesday marked the day-2 of the lockdown ordered by the Nigerian President, Muhammdu Buhari, during his national address, to stem the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease. The directive has since been enforced in Lagos and Abuja, the epicentres of the virus in Nigeria. Ogun State which was the third state included in the president’s […]
Abia gov, Ikpeazu, orders distribution of COVID-19 pallaitive materials
Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has directed the state inter-ministerial committee on COVID-19 pandemic to commence distribution of palliative materials to citizens, including food, sanitizers and protective face masks, to all the 17 LGAs in the state from Tuesday, 7th April 2020, ALSO READ: Osun missing coronavirus patient found The materials are to be […]
Residents want NNPC retail outlets in Kwara border areas
Residents of border communities in Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara have urged the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to build retail outlets to solve the problem of fuel scarcity in the area.
Fitch downgrades South Africa’s credit rating to ‘junk’ status
Ratings agency Fitch downgraded South Africa’s credit rating further into “junk” territory on Friday, another blow for Africa’s most industrialised economy, which is still smarting from a Moody’s downgrade last week. Fitch lowered its long-term foreign-currency issuer default rating to ‘BB’ from ‘BB+” and assigned a negative outlook. The agency cited “the lack of a […]
Seven ways to fix Nigeria’s leadership crisis
Kingsley Moghalu “Leadership is not about a title or about a designation. It’s about impact, influence, and inspiration” —Robin S. Sharma Author of “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” The Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has changed the world as we knew it. By the time this is all over and, hopefully, treatment and vaccine developed, […]
FG clarifies position on 5G deployment
The Federal government says no license has so far been issued for 5G deployment in the country. In a statement issued on Saturday by the Spokesperson to the minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Mrs. Uwa Suleiman, the minister said he was worried by the public concern about the health implications of the deployment of the Fifth Generation Mobile Networks (5G) in Nigeria and affirmed that the National Frequency Management Council (NFMC), of which he is the chairman had not deliberated on or released any bulk frequency spectrum for the deployment of 5G in Nigeria.
COVID-19: FG seeks National Assembly’s approval for N500bn Intervention Fund
By Henry Umoru – Abuja Following the outbreak of the deadly Coronavirus, COVID- 19 that is at the moment, ravaging the world, the Federal Government is asking the National Assembly to approve the proposed establishment of a N500 billion COVID-19 Crisis Intervention Fund as proposed by the Executive. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National […]
UEFA lifts 3 pm blackout clearing way for games behind-closed-doors
Broadcasters will be able to screen Premier League games kicking off at 3 pm live for the remainder of the season after UEFA lifted restrictions. The English and Scottish Football Associations have been granted permission to remove the traditional 3 pm blackout by European football’s governing body. The move would appear to be another step […]

Subscribe to our E-EDITIONS
Subscribe to our digital e-editions here, and enjoy access to the exact replica of Vanguard Newspapers publications.
Subscribe