Jacob Zuma
The report of the probe into the corruption allegations against South African President Jacob Zuma will not be released on Friday as expected, lawyers said during last-minute court proceedings.

Jacob Zuma
The investigation by Public Protector Thuli Madonsela was to be unveiled in Pretoria, one day before she steps down from a job in which she has regularly clashed with the president.
Ms Madonsela’s report probed allegations that President Zuma allowed the wealthy Gupta family to have undue influence over government, even having the power to nominate cabinet ministers.
President Zuma, 74, has survived a series of damaging scandals while in office, but has faced increasing criticism as the economy stalls and after the ruling ANC party suffered unprecedented losses in local polls.
President Zuma and Mr David van Rooyen, a minister implicated by the investigation, both launched court action to prevent the planned release of the report on Friday.
They have complained they were not given enough time to respond to Ms Madonsela’s questions.
“Our client has taken the decision in the exercise of her discretion not to release the report (today),” a member of Madonsela’s legal team told the High Court in Pretoria.
Another court hearing on Zuma’s attempt to block the report is scheduled for Tuesday.
The president was last week quizzed by Ms Madonsela as part of the probe.
Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.