Breaking News

Security man arrested for stabbing commercial bus driver to death

Kindly Share This Story:

The popular Orishirishi joint, a beer parlour in Iranwo area of Ikorodu was recently in the news following the death of a customer right inside the beer parlour. The alleged assailant, a private security man, one Sampson Olu Felintin, is currently explaining to detectives at the dreaded State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID),Panti, Yaba, Lagos how it all happened.

Crime Guard gathered that the joint, patronised by both the rich and the poor was as busy as usual that fateful day, June 6, 2009. Time was 11.30pm.

But the atmosphere characterised with laughter and banters was suddenly charged by the verbal war between a commercial bus driver who had stopped to cool off  and the security man, over the latter’s carelessness which resulted in his breaking a bottle of 7up.

While the latter rebuffed the former’s affront arguing that he had no to right to reprimand him as he was not the owner of the shop, the former maintained his stand by blaming the security man for not placing the bottle where it was to be.

The argument, according to eye witnesses, degenerated into a fight during which the commercial bus driver who was later  identified as Shakiru Adedigba was said to have landed a slap across the security man’s face. In retaliation , the security man was said to have brought out his pocket knife and stabbed 25-year-old  Shakiru on the chest.

The violent reaction, as gathered, made other customers look the other way while the argument lasted and those who attempted  to stop them, scampered  for safety in order to avoid apparent arrest by policemen.

It was gathered that when policemen from Ogudu division arrived the scene, the alleged assailant had absconded. There was also no sight of any of the customers most of whom left their drinks half way.

Explaining how Sampson  was eventually arrested, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Frank Mba, said he was  traced to his house where it was discovered he had hidden inside the roof, with a stern warning to his wife not to disclose his whereabout.

Tried as the policemen could to get him out, they could not. It was not until the policemen reportedly fired some tear gas canisters inside the roof that Sampson reportedly coughed uncontrollably and fell from the ceiling, sustaining  injury on his left leg. Crime Guard learnt that he collapsed upon reaching the station and was immediately rushed to New Life hospital at Owode Onirin .

Mba said, “  On getting the report , policemen from Ogudu rushed to the scene. The deceased was rushed down to Ikorodu general hospital where he was confirmed dead. Detectives traced the suspect to his home where he was pulled out from the ceiling after a frantic search. His house was searched and the dagger suspected to have been used was recovered. Other items recovered in his house when searched included an axe and machetes He has been trasferred to SCID Panti for detailed investigation.

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!