Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari attends a reception at the closing session of the Commonwealth Business Forum at the Guildhall in central London on April 18, 2018, on the sidelines of the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM). The Commonwealth Business Forum will discuss practical ways to enhance trade, showcase investment opportunities and promote sustainable development. / AFP PHOTO
By Suzan Edeh
Bauchi – President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated his intention to re-contest for a second term in office in 2019 general elections.

President Buhari
The President told a mammoth crowd at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium Thursday that his resolve to re-contest the election is geared to salvage the country from thieving Nigerians
Buhari who expressed disgust at the way and manner some unpatriotic Nigerians siphons public funds, said his government is poised to arrest treasury looters.
The president who was in Bauchi for a day long official visit to the state also commissioned some development projects that include road and referal hospital constructed and equipped by the Nigerian Air Force at the Bauchi Special Air Force Command Base.
Buhari similarly commissioned agricultural ox-plough for peasant farmers and mechanized agriculture to boost rice farming for food security in the country.
Governor Mohammed Abubakar has earlier in a welcome address spoke about his government’s drive to boost agricultural production in the state, saying 80% of the people in the state are farmers.
Abubakar commended President Buhari’s agricultural revolution which, he noted, has gone along way in conserving the nation’s foreign reserves through banning the importation of the commodity
Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.