By Soni Daniel
Immediate past National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) may be charged to court for alleged corruption, security sources said last night in Abuja where he has remained under house arrest since Thursday when operatives of the Department of State Services besieged his Abuja residence.
Dasuki, we gathered was not allowed to go for the Eid al Fitr prayers Friday. Nine vehicles were said to have been impounded from his house.
A source close to DSS who confirmed that his passport has also been siezed said that “they are gathering information for a possible court action.”
The security sources said that Dasuki was aggrieved that he was not allowed to join other Muslim faithful for the Eid Prayers, marking the end of Ramadan fasting was aggrieved.
It was gathered that Dasuki could challenge the action by seeking legal redress in order to enforce his fundamental human rights in the days ahead
Meanwhile, it was gathered that the $15 million seized by South Africa has been returned after legal and diplomatic processes initiated by the former National Security Adviser.
The South African government seized the cash meant for the purchase of arms, last year.
It would be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was forced to resort to the alternative market to obtain arms when western powers blocked every access to the formal international arms market.