Breaking News

Toddlers die in Lagos candle light inferno

By Dennis Agbo & Monsuru Olowoopejo

A two-month old baby and its two-year-old sibling were, Monday night, burnt to death as fire consumed their parents’ makeshift structure at Sholuyi Street, Ifako-Gbagada, Lagos State.

Also on same night, the office of Nigeria Bar Association, Enugu State branch, was engulfed by fire that destroyed property worth millions of Naira.

It was learned that the mother of the kids lit a candle and went out to buy sugar cubes. It was also gathered that the kids’ father was yet to return from office when the woman left the kids, who were sleeping.

An eyewitness said while she was still searching for where to purchase the item, the candle fell on furniture and ignited the fire that consumed the structure.

A resident disclosed that the recovered bodies were handed over to officials of the Nigerian Police led by the DPO of Ifako Police Division for further investigation.



Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.