Instruction: Choose the appropriate word from the alternatives in the parenthesis
1. Provision of (portable/potable) water is the responsibility of a good government.
2. I have a (portable/potable) TV.
3. A company car is one of the various (prerequisites/perquisites) offered by the firm.
4. A credit pass in English Language is an essential (prerequisite/perquisites) for university admission.
5. Members of an academy are (academicians/academics); teachers in a university or tertiary institution are (academicians/academics).
6. The life (circle/cycle) of a butterfly can be divided into four stages.
7. I do not have a motor (circle/cycle).
8. Nigeria has passed through the (circle/cycle) of economic booms and slumps.
9. He has a large circle of friends.
10. Otunba Mike Adenuga is well known in business (circles/cycles).
11. ‘To go round in (circles/cycles’) is to work at a task without making any progress.
12. One problem leads to another and this makes the original problem worse; it is a vicious (circle/cycle).
13. The doctor was careful in operating the patient to avoid the (rupture/fracture) of a blood vessel.
14. He suffered from a (ruptured/fractured) appendix.
15. While Dodonzo was playing football on the field, he had a (fracture/rupture) of the leg.
16. Old people’s bones are more prone to (fracture/rupture) than young people’s bones.