Breaking News
Translate

19 students injured in Ebonyi fire scare

By Peter Okutu

ABAKALIKI—NO fewer than 19 students were, yesterday, hospitalized, following a fire incident at Model Comprehensive Girls’ Secondary School, Ugwuachara, Abakaliki.

It was gathered that the students were about to sleep around 11pm, when a fire alarm was raised. There had been electric sparks from one of the fuses in the hostel.

The students, out of fear, scampered for safety. Many got injured in the ensuing melee in a bid to escape the fire.

When Vanguard visited the school, there was relative calm. The Principal, who did not want her name in print, thanked God that no life was lost.

She expressed confidence that the state government would assist the school towards improving the lot of the students.

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.