NFF report on scandal out today
Coach of Bubayaro FC of Gombe, Bala Yayari, on Tuesday refuted claims that his team lost 67-0 to Police Machine of Adamawa during the Nigeria Nationwide League (NNWL) promotion play-off.
The coach told newsmen in Abuja that Police Machine had won the match 13-0 and not 67-0.
However the Nigeria Football Federation will today make public its report on the controversial 146 goal scandal involving four amateur league clubs.
According to Bala Yayari, “the first half ended 1-0 in favour of Police Machine with the remaining 12 goals scored in the second half making it 13 goals and not 67 goals.
“Due to fatigue and the fact that we were down to nine men, 12 more goals were scored in the second half and the match ended 13-0 in favour of Police Machine.
“Let’s apply some common sense, even if Police Machine was scoring at the rate of one goal per minute, how is it possible for them to score up to 66 goals in 45 minutes? It is impossible.
“I don’t understand where they manufactured or fabricated the 67 goals from. It can only have been done after the match,” Yayari said.
Reacting to the Coach’s statement, NFA General Secretary, Musa Amadu wondered why there was no formal letter written by the club to the NFA stating that it was not 67 goals but rather 13 goals scored in the match.
“If there was a report circulated nationally and internationally that your team was defeated 67-0 and you heard or saw it, it is a matter of great concern to which a response would be required.
“We would have expected that the clubs concerned would have immediately debunked that in writing through the Gombe State Football Association.
“I don’t know why such an action was not taken to address the situation immediately this discrepancy was discovered,” Amadu queried.
He said that a committee had been set up to “investigate this allegation and other issues bedevilling the league.”
The Nigeria Football Federation will today make public its report on the controversial 146 goal scandal involving four amateur league clubs.
Sports Vanguard gathered that the Disciplinary and Organising Committee which met for three days, between Monday and Wednesday submitted its recommendations to the NFF President, Aminu Maigari for consideration.
“We submitted our report to the President who will in turn make his final report known tomorrow,” Chief Mike Umeh, Chairman D&O told our reporter yesterday.
He said the NFF’s stand on the issue will be made public today.