17 killed as Boko Haram bombs market in Borno
Boko Haram: Shehu of Borno declares 3-day fasting
Boko Haram : Jonathan calls for prayer against insurgency
The Borno bloodletting
Adamawa: Two months of horror
FG shuts 5 unity schools over Boko Haram attacks
No end, as Boko Haram kills another 40 in Borno
Scores killed as Boko Haram attacks Jakana in Borno
Boko Haram is everyone’s responsibility
Boko Haram Bombs Maiduguri: Over 100 feared dead
So, can’t we count even our dead?
Boko Haram: Gov Nyako escapes attack
Security expert calls for behavioural analysis of Boko Haram
Boko Haram: Mass protests imminent over terrorist attacks —Gov Nyako

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter, and be the first to get the latest news on Vanguard.
Subscribe
Nearly 300,000 displaced in northeast Nigeria by Boko Haram
Nearly 300,000 people, more than half of them children, have fled their homes in northeast Nigeria since May last year because of violence linked to radical Islamist group Boko Haram, the United Nations said on Thursday.
Banks razed, scores killed as Boko Haram attacks Adamawa
Gunmen suspected to be members of Boko Haram terrorists, yesterday, invaded Michika town and Shuwa village of Adamawa State, killing scores of residents before setting ablaze 3 commercial banks, houses and shops mainly located along Maiduguri-Gombi-Adamawa federal highway.
500 killed, 100 Killed, So What?
DOES it really matter how many die daily from Boko Haram attacks? Who cares who the targets are? Who is interested in the body count? What difference does it make if 500 die today or 100 the next day?
Boko Haram: APC urges Jonathan to visit Yobe
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has unreservedly condemned Monday night’s horrific attack on the Federal Government College in Yobe State, in which over 40 students were reported to have been brutally murdered by blood-thirsty insurgents.
Boko Haram threat: Anxiety on Borno highway
Anxiety gripped motorists and travelers along the popular Kano-Damaturu-Maiduguri highway yesterday evening following speculations that Boko Haram insurgents were on the road ostensibly to unleash violence on the people.
Social injustice, cause of insecurity in N-East — Maitama Sule
An Elder statesman and First Republic Minister of Mines and Power, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule, has blamed the current security challenges facing the country, particularly in the North East, where Boko Haram insurgency has claimed thousands of lives, on social injustice
Insurgency:Extent of devastation shocks Adamawa govt
Adamawa state government has described as ‘shocking’ the extent of destruction of lives and property in communities within the boundaries of Borno and Adamawa, by insurgents.
EU condemns killing of over 100 persons in northern Nigeria
The EU has condemned, in very strong terms, the massacre perpetrated on Feb. 15 in the village of Izghe, located in Borno.
One killed as Boko Haram invades Army General’s residence in Borno
Gunmen suspected to be members of Boko Haram sect, yesterday evening invaded the residence of the Commander Joint Task Force (JTF), Niger Delta, Major General Tukur Buratai at Buratai District in Biu Local Government Area of Borno state, killing one security personnel on guard with others injured.
Prisons Service loses over 50 officials to Boko Haram, says C-G
ORGANISED attacks on prison formations by the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East part of the country have left no fewer than 50 officials of the Nigerian Prisons Service dead, while many more have been wounded.
Boko Haram kills 100 in Borno attacks
No fewer than100 people were killed, weekend, in separate attacks in Baga and Izge villages of Kukawa and Gwoza Local Government Areas of Borno State by suspected members of Boko Haram sect.
APC will wipe out insecurity in Nigeria, says Buhari
Former Head of State and Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said the party would wipe out the insecurity bedeviling the nation.
Onaiyekan says Nigeria will overcome Boko haram insurgents
The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, on Sunday expressed optimism that Nigeria would overcome the challenges of Boko Haram insurgents.
Borno, Adamawa Burn Again: Gunmen kill 52, set 300 houses ablaze
BORNO, the epicentre of the Boko Haram murderous attacks literally burnt on Sunday as gunmen numbering over 50 invaded Kawuri District of Konduga Local Government Area of the state and set ablaze over 300 houses and shops after killing 52 people including a soldier, and wounding several others including policemen and civilians.
Borno: 52 killed in fresh Boko Haram attack
Over 50 gunmen, yesterday, invaded Kawuri District of Konduga Local Government Area of Borno state and set ablaze over 300 residential houses and shops after killing a soldier, 51 civilians and wounded several policemen.

Subscribe to our E-EDITIONS
Subscribe to our digital e-editions here, and enjoy access to the exact replica of Vanguard Newspapers publications.
Subscribe