The Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ISOPADEC), a commission established by the government of Imo State in 2007 to manage the 13% oil derivation for the oil producing communities in the state, has been in the news for the good reasons since the new management led by the Managing Director, Engr. Owuoma Anthony Okwuosha, came on board in July 2019. This is a clear departure from the sordid tales about the Commission some years ago. The act establishing the Commission provides a sharing formula of the 13% oil derivation, with the state government getting 60% of the fund while the Commission manages the remaining 40%. In this interview, the Managing Director explains what the Commission is doing to address the challenges faced by the people of the oil producing communities.Excerpts:Read More
Though a top level banker, Mrs. Chinwe Bode-Akinwande, has regularly taken out time to devote herself to catering for needy widows. She has used the platform of the Chinwe Bode-Akinwande Foundation where she serves as president/founder.
Ahead of the January 1, 2020 outreach to widows in Anambra State, she opened up in an interview on her motivation for looking after widows.
Joel Popoola, a British citizen of Nigerian descent, is the founder of a digital democracy project – Rate Your Leader. Joel grew up in Gbongan, Osun State where he had his primary and post-primary education at St Paul’s Anglican Primary School and Gbongan Community High School respectively.Read More
A business blogger, social marketer and entrepreneur, Lily Odior-Diyemowei is Chief Executive Officer, Hustlersquare. In this interview, the ex-banker who is also into philanthropy, speaks on investment as solution to unemployment. She also reveals why she is called the ‘Jagaban of Instagram’.Read More
A former General Secretary of the Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, Chief Frank Kokori, in this interview, speaks on issues of national importance including the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, roads in southern Nigeria, the detention of the convener of RevolutionNow, Omoyele Sowore, and Sharia.Read More
Says we have too many things to correct before talking of hate speech By Sam Eyoboka PRESIDING Bishop of Bible Life Church Cathedral (BLCC), Ajegunle-Apapa, Lagos, Bishop Leonard Umunna, recently unveiled a book and a gospel music album in his church. After the event, the educationist and an entrepreneur bared his mind on the state
Evang. Kwamkur Vondip is the National Director, Legal and Public Affairs of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN. In this piece, Vondip speaks against the backdrop of the statement by Chief Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad that the Constitution should be amended to accommodate more Sharia provisions.Read More
Nothing interests her more than an endeavour that culminates in the development of human capital. Dazzling and stylish, Osayi Alile, who is the CEO of Aspire Coronation Trust, ACT, Foundation, has a strong passion for ‘building’ people and societies.Read More
The founder of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), Prof Ishaq Akintola, says the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, is right on his call for constitutional amendment to accommodate some peculiarities of Sharia law “which have been ignored for so long”.Read More
Investors in People Certification is a recognition awarded to organisations that constantly seek to improve performance and realise objectives through the management and development of their people. MTN Nigeria was awarded with the highest category of the IiP certification, making it the first and only Nigerian company to achieve this feat.Read More