Breaking News

Fire razes sections of Federal College of Education, Gusau

Dr Barakat Abubakar, the Provost of Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau, on Wednesday said fire had destroyed sections of the college’s Department of Integrated Sciences.

Abubakar told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau that the fire, which occurred on Tuesday at about 7.00 p.m, destroyed academic tools worth millions of naira.

The provost said the fire was due to electrical fault.

She said the fire affected the office of the head of department, the department’s library and laboratory.

She lauded the state fire service for putting out the fire on time.

The provost appealed to members of the college community to always put off all electrical appliances when leaving their offices.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.