By Kingsley Omonobi
Abuja – Military authorities said last night that following a major air onslaught on major remaining camps of Boko Haram terrorists in Sambisa forest, some of the groups’ commanders have been killed.

A statement sent at about 1 am said leader of a faction of the terrorists group who recently claimed possession of the Chibok Girls, Abubakar Shekau, was seriously injured in the airforce bombardment.

Over a hundred terrorists who were said to be regrouping and planning further attacks were killed in the air raid.

The statement reads, “In what one could describe as the most unprecedented and spectacular air raid, we have just confirmed that as a result of the interdiction efforts of the Nigerian Air Force, some key leaders of the Boko Haram terrorists have been killed while others were fatally wounded.

“The air interdiction took place last week Friday 19th August 2016, while the terrorists were performing Friday rituals at Taye village, Gombale general area within Sambisa forest, Borno State.

“Those Boko Haram terrorists commanders confirmed dead include Abubakar Mubi, Malam Nuhu and Malam Hamman, amongst others.

“While their leader, so called “Abubakar Shekau”, is believed to be fatally wounded on his shoulders.

“Several other terrorists were also wounded.”

Subscribe to our youtube channel

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.