By Bose Adelaja
LAGOS—Four persons escaped death by the whiskers yesterday, as a private Volkswagen bus with number plates, LSB 28 CP, suddenly went up in flames on Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
Although the vehicle was totally burnt, the quick intervention of law enforcement agents and fire fighters saved occupants of the vehicle from being roasted.
The incident caused panic among road users, many of who scampered for safety.
Eyewitnesses said the inci-dent, which occurred around 2.37p.m., was a result of electrical sparks as the vehicle moved towards Anthony area.
The eyewitness said the incident caused traffic gridlock, which in turn caused commuters to be stranded.
Director, Lagos State Fire Services, Razak Fadipe, urged motorists to ensure their vehicles were in good condition before embarking on a journey.