By Lawani Mikairu & Daniel Eteghe
There was pandemonium yesterday at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos, following a fire scare at the terminal building.
Vanguard gathered that there was smoke at E-finger around 1p.m. close to NDLEA office, which spread to the arrival hall.
Passengers were seen in their numbers standing outside the terminal building to avoid the suffocating effects of smoke from.
Vanguard also learned that most of the passengers on an Emirates airline flight that landed at 1pm could not get their passports stamped, while an incoming Qatar Airways flight was diverted to D-finger.
On ground to attend to the emergency were Lagos State Fire Service, FAAN fire Service, Police Airport Command and ambulances.
Mr. Yakubu Dati, General Manager, Corporate Affairs, FAAN, said what happened was a minor spark and subsequent smoke.
He said: “The authority wishes to assure the travelling public and other airport users that there was no immediate danger to anyone from the incident, neither did it affect flight operations at the terminal.”