Breaking News

3 electrocuted, several injured in Ogun market

By Daud  Olatunji

ABEOKUTA — Tragedy struck, yesterday, at Ifo market in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State when three persons got electrocuted as a high-tension wire fell on them.

It was gathered that the high-tension cable suddenly snapped and fell on the victims. Three were said to have died on the spot, while several others sustained injuries.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the incident, however, said only two persons died, while two others who sustained injuries have been admitted at the Ifo General Hospital.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.