By Daud Olatunji
The kidnappers of the Director of Information, Odogbolu Local Government Area, Nofisat Oshin, and her 15-year-old daughter, Afolabi, have reportedly established contact with her family.
Her husband, Dr Tokunbo Oshin, who disclosed this yesterday, when some members of Ogun State chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, visited him, was, however, silent on the ransom being demanded by the abductors.
Oshin’s wife, Nofisat, and his daughter, Afolabi, were kidnapped last Thursday around 8p.m., at the entrance of their Imoru residence in Ijebu-Ode.
Dr. Oshin, a former Deputy Speaker of Ogun State House of Assembly, said Governor Ibikunle Amosun had made contacts with the Department of State Services, DSS, and other security agencies, in a bid to rescue his wife and daughter.
He said: “The incident happened last Thursday. My wife and daughter were in her car and were almost entering the premises, when the abductors blocked them with their car. In fact, the gate man had already opened the gate for them to drive in.
“They later abandoned my wife’s car along Idowa-Itokin Road. I want to thank the governor for his concern. He has contacted the Department of State Services, DSS, and other security agencies in a bid to rescue my wife and daughter.”
Oshin said immediately the kidnappers left, teams from the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, and Vigilante Service swung into action, thinking they might be trapped in the traffic.
While disclosing that the kidnappers had established contact with the family, Dr. Oshin told the journalists he spoke with the wife and daughter, adding that “although they are still alive, they sound rather distressed.”
He appealed to the kidnappers to release them, adding “the day I will see the two of them will be my happiest day, and I believe that they will come back to this house alive.”
Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.