By Gabriel Enogholase, Benin-City
Edo State Government yesterday in Benin announced the discharge of 20 Coronavirus (COVID-19) patients after they tested negative for the virus just as it also disclosed the death of one person due to the pandemic.
The State Governor, Godwin Obaseki made the disclosure in his official twitter handle.
Obaseki, who said the state recorded 89 confirmed positive cases added that 34 persons have so far been discharged, five deaths while 50 cases are active.
ALSO READ: Obaseki ratifies Edo Incident Action Plan for COVID-19
He said a patient, who reported late for treatment, was lost to the virus.
The disclosed that 17 of the patients were discharged from the Stella Obasanjo isolation centre, one from the University of Benin Teaching Hospital while two were discharged from the Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital.
He said, ” we have discharged 20 persons from our COVID_19 isolation facilities. 17 are from Stella Obasanjo Hospital; one from University of Benin Teaching Hospital and two others from Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital.
ALSO READ: Insecurity: Buhari vows to end sorrows of Nigerians
“So far, 34 persons have been discharged. A patient, who reported late for treatment, was lost to the virus. Stay safe”.
Edo state has the highest positive cases of COVID-19 in South-South and South-East geopolitical zone.
This is the highest discharged cases so far recorded by the state since its first index in March 25, 2020.
Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.