Ogun NANS writes national president, alleges plot to create crisis
INEC registration: Umar Ardo lied – NDC
Inter Lagos secures promotion to NPFL
We sent weapons to Iran protesters, but… – Trump
Nigeria absent as CAF confirms 16 teams for U-17 AFCON 2026
Top 5 phones for quality video recording
5 phones with better camera quality than iPhone 17

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter, and be the first to get the latest news on Vanguard.
Subscribe
Gov Otu commissions Homeland offices to boost grassroots intelligence in C’River
Cross River State Governor, Senator Bassey Otu, has commissioned the Southern District office of the Homeland Safety and Security Agency in Calabar as part of a statewide drive to strengthen community-based security architecture.
Iran Guards vow to avenge intelligence chief killed by Israel
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards vowed on Monday to avenge the death of their intelligence chief, Major General Majid Khademi, killed earlier in the day in an Israeli strike.
Trump ‘not worried’ that bombing Iran power plants could be war crime
US President Donald Trump brushed off concerns on Monday that hitting Iran’s power facilities as he has threatened after a deadline expires this week would be a war crime.
Lagos deploys 500 additional LASTMA officers ahead of Tinubu’s visit
“We are working closely with federal and state agencies to ensure that all arrangements for the President’s visit are seamless, secure and befitting of the occasion.
Kaduna community denies reported rescue of 31 abducted worshippers
By Ibrahim Hassan-Wuyo A community group in Kaduna State has refuted claims that 31 worshippers abducted during an Easter service in Ariko community, Kachia Local Government Area, have been rescued by the Nigerian Army, describing the reports as false and misleading. The denial comes amid earlier reports alleging that troops successfully freed victims kidnapped during […]
Oil firms threaten protest over alleged maltreatment of indigenous contractors
Two Port Harcourt-based firms, ELC Oil and Gas Services and Chiefest Nigeria Limited, have threatened to embark on a protest over the alleged nonpayment of over N1 billion debt for contracts executed years ago.
OAU commends First Lady for donating 50 buses, 30 tricycles
The statement described the First Lady’s donation to her alma mater as a classic demonstration of her unwavering commitment to the welfare, mobility, and overall well-being of students.
Iran ceasefire proposal ‘very significant step’ – Trump
President Donald Trump said Monday the United States has studied a proposal for a 45-day ceasefire in the Iran war, a move he called a “very significant step” in the conflict.
Terrorists kill four, set communities on fire in Kebbi
Armed bandits carrying dangerous weapons attacked and set communities ablaze in the Gebbe District of Shanga Local Government Area of Niger State on Sunday night.
Jos trader returns N1m mistakenly packed in leather bag she bought
By Golok Nanmwa JOS – In a heartwarming story of integrity, a small-scale trader in Jos, Mrs. Sarah Luka, has returned the sum of ₦1,000,000 (One Million Naira) that was mistakenly put in the goods she purchased by a wholesaler. Mrs. Luka, who runs a small business at Lamingo area in Jos, had gone to […]
Jos trader returns ₦1m found in N6,000 bags she bought
“I had completely given up because I didn’t know how the money got lost. I didn’t even think I put the money in someone’s goods”
Benue Easter attack: Death toll rises to 11 – Community leader
The death toll in Saturday morning’s armed herdsmen attack on Agena community, Mbalom, Gwer East Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue State has risen to 11 following the recovery of two more bodies from the community.
Netanyahu sacks chief of staff after racist remarks
“Ziv Agmon will leave his post in the coming days once his successor, Ido Norden, takes office,” Netanyahu said in a post on X late Sunday.
John Barnes backs Salah’s decision to leave Liverpool
Liverpool legend John Barnes believes it is the right time for Mohamed Salah to depart Anfield at the end of the current season.
Iran rejects US ceasefire proposal – State media
Iran has rejected a proposed truce in its war with the United States and Israel, state media reported Monday, despite the stark threat by US President Donald Trump to destroy its vital infrastructure.

Subscribe to our E-EDITIONS
Subscribe to our digital e-editions here, and enjoy access to the exact replica of Vanguard Newspapers publications.
Subscribe