Abu Sani Bello
Niger State Gov Sani Bello

By Wole Mosadomi

Niger state Governor has raised alarm alerting the Nation that the bandits frequently attacking the state are not Nigerians but from other neighbouring countries and has called on the Federal government to rescue the state.


He has therefore raised 1000 combined Security Personnels to smoke them out from the forests and other hideouts in the state.


He has also taken a decisive step towards the release of Students of the abducted students of Salihu Tanko Islamiyya Shool in Tegina, Rafi local government area of the state.

The state Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello who visited Parents of the abducted pupils in Tegina on Monday assured the parents of safety of their children and that they would soon be released.

“Most of these Bandits are from outside the country, they are hired to cause problems for us. It is not the habit of the true Fulani to indulge in this kind of act.

These bandits are well organised and coordinated. We can not fold our arms anymore but to take decisive and necessary steps to apprehend those involved, both the informants and the bandits”.

While commending the security personnel for their efforts in fighting the bandits in the last few weeks, Governor Sani Bello revealed that logistics have been provided, adding that “your allowances and other entitlements have been captured and you will be settled to boost your morals.

Governor Bello who had earlier addressed a combined security agencies comprising of the Military, Police, Civil Defense, and Vigilante Corps assured that Government has resolved to take decisive measures in ensuring the safe return of the children.

READ ALSO: 14 bandits killed while attempting to release colleagues from police custody in Benue

The Governor declared, “Though we have ruled out payment of ransom, it is time for government to take decisive measures towards ending the bandits activities that is forcefully changing the lives of the people especially in the rural areas.

“We have to try our possible best not make them succeed in forcing us to change our normal lives; they started by displacing farmers from their farmlands; next,they moved to burning farms then they moved to kidnappings and forcing us to close our schools and now they have started attacking Islamic schools. Only God knows what is next.

“The abductors are not honest neither are they are honourable. After agreeing with parents to release their children,they started shifting goal post and now we are here to take action.

The Governor had met with Parents of the 136 kidnapped students of the Islammiya School and other stakeholders at the palace of the Emir of Kagara, Alh. Ahmed Garba Gunna, commiserated with them and urged them to exercise patience as government is exploring all avenues to see to their safe rescue.

The Emir of Kagara, Alh. Ahmad Garba Gunna, Attahiru II thanked the Governor for all support especially in security area to the Emirate and the support given to the family of the kidnapped schoolchildren.

Headmaster of the Islamiyyah School, Mallam Abubakar Alhassan said that the action of the government to go full combat was a welcome development provided that their children will be brought back safely.

He told Journalists that 15 of his teachers have escaped from the hands of their abductors in Zamfara state with 4 already in Kagara and 11 in military facility in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna State where they will be handed over to the Niger State Government soon.

Vanguard News Nigeria

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.