Breaking News
Translate

How 5 family members died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Kindly Share This Story:

Kenya: Man who woke up in a morgue diesA middle-aged couple and their three children were found dead on Saturday morning inside their house in Githurai 45 area, Kiambu County, Central Kenya.

They were suspected to have died due to inhaling of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Phineas Ringera, Ruiru Divisional Police Commander said that the father earned a living by selling boiled maize in the area.

“We believe he lit the jiko (cooker) and left his maize to boil overnight exposing the family to the carbon monoxide which suffocated them.

“They all died,’’ Ringera said.

READ ALSO: Two men guilty of killing 39 Vietnamese migrants found in lorry

He added that the Police believed the victims, including the three children aged three months, six and eight years respectively, inhaled the poisonous gas that killed them.

Ringera said that an autopsy is planned to identify the exact cause of death.

He added that they found the boiled maize on a jiko in the family’s house.

The Police were alerted by neighbours, who became concerned when they did not see the man as he is an earlier riser.

The neighbours said they knocked on the door, which was locked from inside, but there was no response. (Xinhua/NAN)

Vanguard News Nigeria

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!