By Bose Adelaja
Tragedy struck, yesterday, in Somolu area of Lagos when a man, identified as Suleiman Aliyu, was roasted.
The victim was said to be a guard at a building of about 15 self-contained apartments at No 15, Obiwunmi Street, Fola Agoro, which was gutted by fire.
The fire was noticed at about 1.30 pm by a resident who raised the alarm. The victim was said to have been burnt to death before help could come and his body was recovered by fire fighters from Somolu Division.
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the inferno started from the security post but was prevented from escalating by emergency responders.
It was gathered that the 28-year-old was found dead in the security post.
The incident was confirmed by both the Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, and General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Michael Akindele.
Akindele said further investigations revealed that the inferno was ignited by petrol stored in the security post which came in contact with highly combustible items. He said the body was released to the victim’s family for burial.
He advised Lagosians to desist from the storage of petroleum products and other inflammable materials in their homes.