Wizkid releases hit single Azonto video
‘Nigeria’s economy is strong’, FG replies Clinton
Ebonyi state-owned varsity shut down over students’ protest
Slim Burna pushes “I’m on fire” mixtape
Benedict vows ‘unconditional obedience’ to future Pope
Somali president offers amnesty to pirates
Issues facing the next pope
FG plans N3bn loan for mechanised farming
Attacks on my book’ll not change facts – El-Rufai
Britain warns against travel to North after Islamist raids
Arios! Pope Benedict XVI
Covenant varsity: Court adjourns suit of student expelled over porn
Police nab 3 for allegedly stealing 10 day old baby
Which way, Nigeria? (I)
Drogba gets Euro clearance, Lazio fined
We didn’t kill any student of Nasarawa varsity – Army
Newswatch suit: Jimoh Ibrahim owes me N30m, Ray Ekpu tells court

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter, and be the first to get the latest news on Vanguard.
Subscribe
Senate moves to end unlawful detention
MOVED by the dehumanizing condition which inmates were subjected to in the nation’s prisons, the Senate has begun the process of putting an end to unlawful detention of persons.
Jonathan to NASS: You’re laying landmines for me
SIXTY-NINE days after the National Assembly passed the 2013 Appropriation Bill, President Goodluck Jonathan reluctantly signed it into law fearing that it was replete with landmines, it was gathered.
Oyerinde: Police covering up culprits, Oshiomhole insists
Edo State Governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday, insisted that the Nigeria Police was shielding murder suspects involved in last year’s killing of his late Principal Private Secretary, Mr. Olaitan Oyerinde. Oshiomhole, who appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions, which held an investigative hearing on Oshiomhole’s allegations against the role of the Police in the murder case, said it was embarrassing that two security agencies working under the same government arrived at two conflicting conclusions on the case.
32 countries to storm Warri for Athletics championships
Over 421 athletes from 32 countries have so far confirmed their participation at the maiden African Athletics Youth Championships billed for March 27-31 in Warri, Delta State.
Ado Bayero, 2 sons return
Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, returned home from London, yesterday evening, aboard a presidential jet which touched down at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport at about 6.50pm.
Ameobi, Martins still in Keshi’s plan
Nigerians may have forgiven Shola Ameobi for declining a place in the Super Eagles team that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations Cup but the coach of the team from his words may give another chance to the Newcastle striker as the team starts preparation for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers in March.
Oke alleges irregularities in Ondo guber election
THE candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the last governorship election in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke, yesterday, opened his case before the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Akure challenging the Victory of Governor Olusegun Mimiko.
Nigeria loses N8trn to illegal gold mining
Federal Government said, yesterday, that the country had lost $50 billion (N8 trillion) through illegal mining and exportation of unprocessed gold to neighbouring countries in the last 24 months.
FG installs 3 power sub-stations in Lagos
The Federal Government, yesterday, gave a boost to power supply in the country with the acquisition and installation of three units of 15 MVA (Megavolt Ampere) injection sub-stations in Lagos.
The Sahel: Counting the cost of the war in Mali
THE third phase of the battle in Mali is the democratisation process. The country’s electoral commission has announced July as the new month as opposed to April as initially agreed. This will present the challenge of healthy political process in the country when there are still conflicts in some parts of the country.

Subscribe to our E-EDITIONS
Subscribe to our digital e-editions here, and enjoy access to the exact replica of Vanguard Newspapers publications.
Subscribe