Breaking News

Chime’s wife, Clara leaves govt house

Kindly Share This Story:

BY Tony Edike
ENUGU—The Enugu State First Lady, Mrs. Clara Chime, yesterday, left Government House where she alleged she had been illegally confined following controversies over her reported health challenges.

Mrs. Chime left the Government House, yesterday, following an earlier meeting between the families of her husband, Sullivan Chime, and those of Clara on Saturday. It was learnt that Sullivan had convened the meeting in view of the controversies trailing his decision to have his wife treated at home instead of a mental home either in Enugu or abroad.

Chime and Clara
Chime and Clara

Governor Chime had himself hinted that the Saturday meeting would determine whether Clara would be asked to go to her parents where she would have unlimited freedom or remain at the Government House and be restricted in accordance with the advice of the neuron-psychiatric doctor treating her.

The governor, with the assistance of security operatives attached to Government House had packed Mrs. Chime’s personal effects on Sunday evening and forcibly took her from the lodge to her mother’s residence at the Coal City Garden Estate behind CBN headquarters in Enugu.

Trouble had started when Mrs. Chime insisted she must leave with her four-year-old son, a plea that was vehemently rejected by the governor who ensured she was led into a convoy of six vehicles and driven straight to her mother’s place.

However, on getting there, the mother who had not been notified that her daughter was being brought home, was not at home which forced Mrs. Chime and the security operatives to sit in their cars waiting for her mother to return.

Vanguard gathered that after waiting for close to two hours, without the security men returning, the governor, ordered that Mrs. Chime be brought back to the Government House.

However, as early as 8am, yesterday, Mrs. Chime was again driven to the estate and handed over to her mother who was said to have wept profusely on sighting her daughter.

A visit to the Coal City Garden Estate showed that the entire surrounding was calm even as about six tinted cars including one with Enugu Government House number plate were sighted in the premises.

A young man who claimed to be living at the Boys Quarters in the compound confirmed that the governor’s wife was actually brought back to the house in the morning.

“Since morning, they have been having series of meetings. Just a while ago, the governor’s wife left the house; she is expected back soon. you can wait if you wish but I will advice that you call her on phone,” the fair-complexioned young man who refused to give his name said.

Efforts to speak with Mrs Chime last night proved abortive as she told newsmen that she was not ready to speak for now.

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!