Body Perfect 101: The food we eat is like fuel. It gives our bodies the energy they need to function well. If you don’t make sure that the fuel you pump into your body is of the right quality or quantity, you just won’t feel as healthy of as you could.
We have up to 100 trillion cells in our bodies, each one demanding a constant supply of daily nutrients in order to function optimally. Food affects all those cells, and by extension every aspect of our being: (mood, energy levels, food cravings, thinking capacity, sex drive, sleeping habits and general health). In short, healthy eating is the key to well being.
Weight reduction is more complex than adding exercise and eliminating dietary fat. Confusion abounds among athletes, exercisers and obesity researchers themselves about the best way to lose body fat.
THE ONE–DIET–FITS ALL approach to losing weight is not appropriate; different people have different histories. Some overweight people are genetically heavy, others are genetically lean. Some are men; others are women. Some are recently over fat; others have been fighting the battle of the bulge for years. Some have taken comfort in food since childhood; others have recently turned to food to smother tough emotions. Those factors contribute to the complexities of weight loss.
Despite the complex nature of weight loss, people are forever searching for a simple method to shed excess body fat. The following section addresses some of the questions people commonly ask about weight reduction.
Myth: Carbohydrates are fattening.
Truth: No! Excess calories are fattening. Calories come from carbohydrate (4 calories per gram), proteins (4 calories per gram), alcohol (7 calories per gram), and fats (9 calories per gram).
Excess calories from fats are the much dietary demons. Your body can easily store excess dietary fat as body fat, whereas you are more likely to burn off excess calories of carbohydrates. Butter, margarine, oil, mayonnaise, salad dressing, and grease are obvious fats. Fats are also hidden in meats, peanut butter, nuts, and other protein foods. Although some fats are healthier than others, all fats are equally fattening. Excess calories from alcohol also quickly add up and can easily inflate your body fat stores, as can the calories from the high–fat munchies that commonly accompany alcohol. So, it is all about calorie in versus calorie out and also the type of calories taken in. Some are excellent for muscle fuel while some quickly stores as fat.
Myth: High–protein, low carbohydrate diets are the best choice if you want to lose weight.
Truth: If you want to lose weight, your best bet is to eat smaller portions at dinner and create a calorie deficit for the day. The fundamental type of calories eaten, either protein or carbohydrate, seems to have less importance in weight loss but for health reasons it is very advisable to get calories from clean organic foods.
NOTE: Protein tends to be more satiating than is carbohydrate, which is why protein lingers longer in the stomach than carbohydrate does. Hence, having high–protein (egg whites) for breakfast stays with you longer than does high-carbohydrate bread with butter does. By curbing hunger, you have fewer urges to eat and can more easily cut calories, at least until you start to crave carbohydrates and binge eats.
The overwhelming reaction that high protein, low carbohydrate diets do not work is that dieters fail to stay on them for a long time. They may lose weight, only to regain it. The trick to losing weight is to learn how to deal with food intake so that you don’t regain the weight. Remember; you should never start a food program that you do not want to maintain for the rest of your life.
FAT FLUSH SPICE OF THE WEEK – CAYENNE
Cayenne has been used as both food and medicine in the tropical areas of South and Central America and Africa for more than 7000 years. Cayenne does more than create a tongue–tingling meal. It is loaded with vitamins C, B and A, and also contains calcium, phosphorus, and iron. One of the richest sources of vitamin E, cayenne helps keep the health healthy and strong; and, as its bright red colour suggests it provides us with immune–boosting beta–carotene, one of the most important anti-oxidant in the body. Cayenne offers additional value as a painkiller (especially against the discomfort of arthritis), an antiseptic and a digestive aid.
Cayenne is a diaphoretic: a sweat inducing spice. Its hotness comes from a high concentration of capsicum, a substance that has been firing up the circulation for centuries. It is capsicum that gives cayenne the power to get the blood pumping efficiently, stimulate the body’s metabolic rate, and help clean fat out of the arteries. A study at Oxford Polytechnic institute proved that cayenne pepper stimulates the metabolism by 20 percent and results in increased distribution of oxygen throughout the body. WHERE TO FIND CAYENNE PEPPER?: It is one of the major ingredients in the Body Perfect Cleansing and Healing Cocktail drink. That is why it is an excellent thermogenic and energizer.
Are you overweight, and ready to lose weight in a healthy way and keep it off? Then, start with any of these:
Detox – Missing Link to Health and Beauty
1. MIRACLE DETOX: A cleansing programme that helps to rid your system of free radicals and increases liver function. It is also good for jump starting any weight-loss programme. (You can lose as much as 7kg in 7days. It could also help to remove/reduce any tumour growth in the stomach).
2. BROWN RICE PROTEIN DETOX DIET (30-DAY PROGRAMME): This is strictly for WEIGHT LOSS and POST-PREGNANCY WEIGHT GAIN, especially stomach and Caesarean section tummy bulge.
3. 30-day Beach Body/Detox: Lose up to 18kg.
4. 48-HOUR DETOX: This is used to flush fat, reduce bloating and water weight. It also helps to restore metabolism and glowing complexion. (It is a quick and healthy way to drop as much as 4-5 kg in 48 hours).
Six reasons why you need “Body Perfect Cleansing & Healing Cocktail, NOW WITH MILK THISTLE”
1. It is an ENERGIZER: It helps to fight fatigue, wards off stress and provides energy boosts to the entire body.
2. IT IS A DETOXIFIER: It rids the body of toxins, thereby ensuring cleansed and invigorated liver.
3. IT IS A BLOOD SUGAR STABILIZER: It helps to steady blood sugar which curbs your appetite and prevents fatty deposits that are part of insulin resistance.
4. IT IS A DIURETIC: It helps to de-waterlog the tissues and eliminates excess water weight.
5. IT IS A CHOLESTEROL ZAPPER: It helps to rid the body of bad cholesterol, thereby balancing the ratio between “good” and “bad” cholesterol.
6. IT IS A THERMOGENIC: It helps to raise body temperature, thereby helping it to burn fat efficiently rather than storing it as fat.