Body Perfect 101: A study reported in the journal of the American Society of Nephrology shows that adults who eat a diet high in fructose (in the form of added sugar, not what you get from fruits) are at an increased risk of high blood pressure. Individuals who consumed 74 grams or more each day (or equivalent of 2½ soft drinks) are more likely to develop hypertension.
Health News: Over eating and sugar is a fantastic recipe for pre-mature aging while clean eating, regular moderate exercise and lots of water is a wonderful recipe for graceful aging.
Good Foods: Organic foods – these foods are free of chemicals. Foods that are organic are grown in soils that have not been sprayed with fertilizers and pesticides. If chemicals have been sprayed on the produce that you eat, from chemically treated soils, then those chemicals, which are toxic will enter your body cells and blood stream.
Who knows what damage they will cause? There are numerous studies which show that chemicals inside our bodies do not help with our health.
Bad Foods: Non-organic foods – Non-organic fruits and vegetables have been sprayed with chemicals and grown in soils that have been treated with chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The residues of these chemicals make their way into our bodies when we eat these non-organic foods. They harm our cells and organs and damage our digestive system. These chemicals become toxic in our bodies, polluting and poisoning us.
Good Protein: Vegetable protein is easy to break down in the body. Peas provide vegetable protein that is very easy to digest and beans is also a good protein source; easy to digest and enhances metabolism.
Bad Protein: Depending on how strong your digestive system is, some proteins may not be good enough for you; especially proteins from red meat, which is hard to break.
Too many high-proteins, fatty red animal foods, can toxify the body and acidify the blood, deplete calcium, over-work the kidneys and liver, stagnate digestion and destroy beneficial bacteria.
This can lead to kidney stones and liver fatigue, colon and bowel disorder, constipation, arthritis, and heart diseases. Even cow milk is too difficult for many people to digest. It can trigger allergic responses such as asthma, congestion, skin rash and irritability. Cow milk is too high in saturated fat, low in vitamins and the minerals content is out of balance with human bio-chemistry. As a result, many of the nutrients can not be absorbed by humans.
Also, cows are normally subjected to hundreds of drug injections, hormones, pesticides, drug residues which in turn make their way into the milk. If you must drink cow milk, boil it first to make it digest. Try goat and sheep milk as alternatives as the molecules are smaller and easier to break down.
There is also an abundance of alternative milk that are easy to digest and friendly to the waist: rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk and almond milk.
Good Fats: Fats have a terrible reputation, especially in this era of low-fat foods and fat-free diets! Even the most zealous campaigners condemn oil-rich, nutritious food like nuts, seeds and avocados.
I advocate good fats such as nuts, seeds, avocados, flax-seed, fish oil, canola oil and olive oil. They all contain healthy fats, which are necessary for aiding weight reduction, lowering cholesterol, and enhancing immunity, nourishing reproductive organs, skin, hair, and bone tissue; effectively lubricating our bodies.
Bad Fats: Saturated animal fat is heavy and turns to stone inside our body thus hardening the arteries, leaving you at the risk of heart attack and stroke. Red meat, pork, daily products, butter, cakes, doughnuts and small chops are examples of foods that are fat-saturated.
If your kitchen is a fast food restaurant or a mama-put joint, know that you are taking in saturated and hydrogenated fats which have been shown to cause diabetes, heat diseases and cancer. No fast food restaurant or mama put centre is going to invest in good fats to cook for you. They are thinking of their bank accounts at the expense of your health!
The body cannot effectively process bad fats, so many toxic balls are stored in the body especially hips, thighs, stomach and flabby arms and making you even fatter, full of cellulite and pimples/acne rampage the skin.
Invest in good fat. It is better to pay a good cook than a doctor.
Unprocessed Foods: These are good foods with no added chemicals or additives. Such food is in its natural state, the way God made it, not man. It has not been changed e.g. Green plantain, sweet potatoes, yam, brown or local rice, vegetables and fruits.
Refined/Processed Foods: These are bad foods that have been stripped of their original, natural nutrient content and fiber. They are made by man not God. And know that anything made by man always have a selfish interest. Refined white flour and white sugar are the two most common examples of refined foods. Pre-packaged, plastic wrapped foods, quick fix; microwavable fast foods have little or no nutritional value to offer. Can somebody tell me where indomine noodles are made from? – That is a typical man made food.
Detox – Missing Link to Health and Beauty
1. MIRACLE DETOX: A cleansing programme that helps to rid your system of free radicals and increases liver function. It is also good for jump starting any weight-loss programme. (You can lose as much as 7kg in 7days. It could also help to remove/reduce any tumour growth in the stomach).
2. BROWN RICE PROTEIN DETOX DIET (30-DAY PROGRAMME): This is strictly for WEIGHT LOSS and POST-PREGNANCY WEIGHT GAIN, especially stomach and Caesarean section tummy bulge.
3. 30-day Beach Body/Detox: Lose up to 18kg.
4. 48-HOUR DETOX: This is used to flush fat, reduce bloating and water weight. It also helps to restore metabolism and glowing complexion. (It is a quick and healthy way to drop as much as 4-5 kg in 48 hours).
Six reasons why you need “Body Perfect Cleansing & Healing Cocktail, NOW WITH MILK THISTLE”
1. It is an ENERGIZER: It helps to fight fatigue, wards off stress and provides energy boosts to the entire body.
2. IT IS A DETOXIFIER: It rids the body of toxins, thereby ensuring cleansed and invigorated liver.
3. IT IS A BLOOD SUGAR STABILIZER: It helps to steady blood sugar which curbs your appetite and prevents fatty deposits that are part of insulin resistance.
4. IT IS A DIURETIC: It helps to de-waterlog the tissues and eliminates excess water weight.
5. IT IS A CHOLESTEROL ZAPPER: It helps to rid the body of bad cholesterol, thereby balancing the ratio between “good” and “bad” cholesterol.
6. IT IS A THERMOGENIC: It helps to raise body temperature, thereby helping it to burn fat efficiently rather than storing it as fat.