HEALTH NEWS: “I started drinking Oolong tea for the beauty benefits, but it has made me much more energetic and healthy, ‘NO MORE COLD’, notes Amanda, a public relations expert; “plus in the few months that I have been drinking the tea on a daily basis or at times I just pop in the Oolong tea diet pills which has fish oil, I have lost weight!”. In a Japanese study, Oolong tea was shown to help overweight mice shed pounds, and it appears to help human do the same.
A healthy immune system is a fortress that protects you from the marauding hordes of micro-organisms beyond your skin; when it is on it’s game, the immune system routs harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites and cancerous tumors before you get sick, when it is not, it often finds a way to let you know. Symptoms of sluggish immune functions include a cold or flu that lingers for weeks, frequent yeast infections or rashes, fatigues, wounds that are slow to heal.
Factors beyond our control can weaken immunity (aging, chemicals in the environment, medication that suppress immunity, chemotherapy and HIV infection). The crash and burn lifestyle, too much stress, too little sleep, and a steady diet of fast foods and soda (mineral drink) also takes a toll on immune function.
Here are the FIVE lifestyle factors that research suggest place the biggest strain on immune function.
1. SMOKE: This raises the risk of heart diseases as well as cancer of the lung, oesophagus, bladder, breast and cervix (i.e cigarette smoke), smokers develop more upper respiratory infections (colds, bronchitis pneumonia) than non smokers do and also a smoker’s wound heal more slowly.
Smoking wreaks its system-wide havoc in part by suppressing the immune functions. Studies show that smoking lowers blood levels of several kinds of anti-bodies, reduces the function of the cells and flood the body with free radicals.
GOOD NEWS: Stop smoking, and immune function begins to improve within 30 days.
2. YOU MOVE TOO LITTLE OR TOO MUCH: If you are sedentary, an inactive lifestyle raises the risk of chronic health problems like heart disease, diabetes and cancer; it may also lower your immunity. In one study, researchers compared people who were inactive with those who brisk walk nearly everyday, over a four-month period, the walkers had less sick days.
Research shows that moderate exercise, such as brisk walk, has a positive effect on a number of cell. Moderate exercise also helps regulate the immune system and hormones that influence the healing process.
You might think that when it comes to exercise, more is better, NO at least as far as immune function is concerned. Working out too hard and for too long actually suppresses the immune system, which may explain why people who do marathon often get sick after the 26.2 mile run, and why some people have loads of breakout and thirsty-looking skin. Intense exercise lowers anti-bodies in saliva and reduces the activity of most cells. Exercising for over an hour regularly may no longer yield benefits but stress to the body.
3. YOU ARE SLEEP DEPRIVED: Not logging enough pillow time? Like stress, a sleep deficit (even a small one) is associated with chronic, low-grade system inflammation. Sleep deprivation also affects cells, the immune system returns to normal function.
SIX REASONS TO DRINK THE BODY PERFECT HEALING AND CLEANSING COCKTAIL DAILY.
1. It is an ENERGIZER: It helps fight fatigue, ward off stress and provide energy boost to the entire body.
2. IT IS A DETOXIFIER: It rids the body of toxins, thereby, creating a cleansed and invigorated liver.
3. IT IS A BLOOD SUGAR STABILIZER: It helps steady blood sugar which curbs your appetite and prevents the fatty deposits that are part of insulin resistance.
4. IT IS A DIURETIC: It helps dewater log the tissues and eliminate excess water weight.
5. IT IS A CHOLESTEROL ZAPPER: It helps rid the body of bad cholesterol thereby balancing the ratio between “good” and “bad” cholesterol.
6. IT IS A THERMOGENIC: It helps raise body temperature, thereby helping it to burn fat efficiently rather than storing it as fat.
BE PROACTIVE TOWARDS YOUR HEALTH!