By Yemisi Suleman
Short shorts were hot on the runway last year and they are enjoying their moment in the fashion limelight this year. This season, sexy short shorts rule the scene and the only way to follow the trend is to incorporate it into your wardrobe. Not just reserved for beachwear, shorts made from fine linens and silks could easily transfer to daytime and evening wear.
If you have a brave heart and toned legs, you can look classy in short shorts if you choose the right fit, fabric and style. With the right top and accessories, you can dress them up for a dinner date or even a semi-formal event.
Here are some tricks to make shorts
perfect for a variety of occasions.
* Wear a metallic tank top with short shorts and platform pumps for a night in town. Dangling earrings will add the perfect finishing touch.
* Achieve a classic style with nice shorts and a silk blouse. Select striking accessories such as a thin, red belt or red pumps to add just a hint of glamour.
* Look for short shorts with tailored details such as cuffs, piping and welt pockets. Pair with a puffed blouse or jacket.
* Try tucking sweet little blouses into high-waist shorts and finish with a belt, or opt for a chic tailored style and team with cropped jacket and statement jewellery for a funky night-time.
* Lastly, wear your short shorts to appropriate places. They can be good for informal situations and clubbing, but are not the best choice for regular street wear, unless they are on the longer side. They could bring you unwanted attention in wrong situations and most styles are a little too informal for many places.