Breaking News
Translate

EndSARS: Lagos Govt sets up N200m compensation fund for victims

Kindly Share This Story:
Outstanding Lagos teachers
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State.

The Lagos State Government on Tuesday announced the setting up of a N200 million fund to compensate families of victims of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) killings.

Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu announced this while addressing the EndSARS protesters at the Lagos House of Assembly gate, Alausa, Ikeja.

The compensation fund will be completely supervised by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) appointed by members of the public.

READ ALSO:New PIB: Oil firms get enormous powers over host communities’ management

Sanwo-Olu called on the protesers to send the list of everyone that had fatal encounters with SARS in Lagos.

He said that government would identify the families and ensure that they were compensated.

The governor said that he fully identified with the EndSARS struggle, knowing that many youth had been battered, and he felt their pain.

He said that in fulfilment of one of the requests made by the protesters, all those arrested had been released without any condition.

Sanwo-Olu further promised to convey the requests of the protesters to President Muhammadu Buhari, some of which are increment in police salary, as well as Justice for those killed by the Police.

Recall that the governor, on Monday, addressed some of the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate where he expressed solidarity with them.

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!