Breaking News
Translate

COVID-19: Ganduje extends stay at home directive by two weeks

Kindly Share This Story:

COVID-19: Ganduje extends stay at home for civil servants by two weeks

By Abdulmumin Murtala – Kano

The Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje has extended the shutdown of civil service activities in the state by two weeks.

Ganduje issued instruction of an additional two weeks to stay at home for the civil servants on Monday while receiving a report of the COVID-19 Fundraising Committee at Government house.

The Governor said, “the extension of the stay at home directive became imperatives following the increasing number of cases of COVID- 19 being recorded on a daily basis in the country”.

READ ALSO: Covid-19 border closure: Ganduje orders arrest of defaulters in Kano

The Governor also stated that no case has so far been recorded in Kano, “the measures of border closure and partial lockdown of social activities would remain to keep the state safe” he stated.

Meanwhile, the fundraising committee on COVID-19 has identified 300,000 households for the distribution of food items and cash as palliative measures against the coronavirus in the state.

Presenting the preliminary report of his committee, the chairman Professor Mohammad Yahuza Bello said the committee has mapped out the 300,000 households across the 484 political wards.

Earlier, Professor Bello said the committee had received a total sum of N354, 695, 780.50k cash donation.

vanguard

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!