Barcelona and Philippe Coutinho’s entourage have finally accepted there is no way the Brazilian is leaving Liverpool this summer, according to Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.
Liverpool have rejected three sizeable offers for the attacker, the most recent totalling £113m.
Coutinho has been determined to leave for the Nou Camp and has not played in any of Liverpool’s Premier League games so far this season.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has said he has been both unwell and had a back injury, but Coutinho was cleared to play in Brazil’s World Cup Qualifier against Ecuador on Deadline Day.
He scored in a 2-0 victory in which Paulinho, who also recently signed for Barcelona, scored the other.
Reports on Friday have claimed Barcelona have been thinking of a move for Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil instead and Balague has said: “I’m convinced that, if FCB had put on table, with enough time, €60m for Ozil they would have got him. “But they say he’s not what they need.”