West Ham manager, Slaven Bilic, has said Nigerian forward, Victor Moses, is finally at the club where he will realise his huge potential.
“Victor Moses is a class player. He hasn’t had continuity at one club,” Bilic told the Daily Mail.
“He didn’t make it at Chelsea, maybe he didn’t make it at Liverpool – which is hard.
“But last year at Stoke he was one of their best players. His first game was really good for us. His composure, his linking play and his work rate.”
Earlier this month, Chelsea’s Technical Director, Michael Emenalo, said that Moses was loaned repeatedly to enable him really develop to his potential.
“Sometimes we know there are players whose development is not finished, just like Victor (Moses),” Emenalo told the club’s official television station.
“Who [Moses] we want to keep with our squad but who maybe needs to play more football to get to the level we think he can get to, because he is very, very talented,” he added. But Bilic has hinted that he wants the loan move for Moses to be made a permanent one at the end of the season.
The 24-year-old was expected to be a part of the Chelsea squad this season after his good performances in pre-season, but the arrival of Pedro from Barcelona, sparked his third loan stint to London-based West Ham.
Moses started the season injured plated his first game of the season against Newcastle on Monday and should have crowned a good debut with a goal. He had rampaged past a static Newcastle defence from the halfway line, in the 47th minute and left Massadio Haidara for dead but he then smashed his shot against the cross bar but Dmitri Payet was on hand to sweep home the rebound.
Moses is now expected to be recalled to the Super Eagles by Sunday Oliseh for the matches in October.
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.