We’re not gamblers we’re footballers, says Keshi

We’re not gamblers we’re footballers, says Keshi

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi launched a furious defence of his players following Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Scotland in a match whose build-up had been disrupted over a matchfixing investigation being launched.
Visible Articles 5 10 15
$49.8bn oil fund:  Sanusi lied – Senate

$49.8bn oil fund: Sanusi lied – Senate

The Senate, yesterday, said that the suspended Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi lied by saying that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, misapplied $49.8 billion accruing from crude oil sales. It said that only $20 billion or N3.26 trillion was missing.

Rangers officials, players owed N247m

Rangers officials, players owed N247m

Globacom Premier League contenders, Rangers International Football Club of Enugu have been hit by acute financial crisis that can affect the club’s current league campaign unless urgent steps are taken to arrest the situation.

Lagos task-force arrests 200 Sure-P federal task-force officials

Lagos task-force arrests 200 Sure-P federal task-force officials

LAGOS— No fewer than 200 officials of the Sure-P Federal Task Force have been arrested by the Lagos State Task Force on Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences in their training ground at the old Lagos toll gate and taken to the headquarters of the Lagos State Police Command in Ikeja.

Lagos 2015: It’s governorship or nothing  — Sen Solomon

Lagos 2015: It’s governorship or nothing — Sen Solomon

Senator Ganiyu Solomon is a second term senator representing Lagos West Senatorial District. Before then, he spent a term in the House of Representatives, representing Mushin Federal Constituency, where he also served as local government chairman.

A complete grassroots mobiliser, Solomon is one of a handful of aspirants in the race to succeed Governor Babatnde Fashola

CHIBOK GIRLS: Presidency, US slam Defence Chief

CHIBOK GIRLS: Presidency, US slam Defence Chief

The United States said, yesterday, that it does not have information to support the claim by the Nigerian military that it knows the whereabouts of the more than 200 kidnapped schoolgirls.