Breaking News

DSS arrests suspected serial rapist for ‘de-flowering’ a 23-year old girl


ONITSHA – Men of the Directorate of State  Services, DSS in Anambra State have arrested a middle-aged man for allegedly raping and deflowering a 23-year-old secondary school girl in Obosi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

DSS OPEARTIVESThe suspect, whose name was given as Tochukwu Nebo (a.k.a. Baby Boy), according to the source, had lured the girl into his residence at night with a fake promise to  sell a deep freezer to her on credit to facilitate her elder brother’s restaurant business.

According to the source, all efforts by the girl to resist the rape could not yield any fruitful result, neither did her loud screams save her as Baby Boy allegedly over-powered her under gun point, inserted his fingers in her throat and threatened to strangle her to death if she continued to resist.

It was gathered that as the helpless girl was screaming and begging him to spare her since she was still a virgin, he tightened his grip on her throat until she became unconscious before he stripped her naked, tied her long plaited hair to a corner of an iron protector in his room, tied one of her legs to the other corner of the protector, telling her that he would like to examine her to find out if actually she was still a virgin as she claimed, before he would decide whether to allow her go scot-free or still have sex with her.

It was further gathered that his first move was to forcefully insert his finger into her vagina which immediately resulted in blood gushing out and he actually confirmed that she was actually a virgin.

But that did not deter him from engaging her in a marathon sex bout until he was satisfied, he stood up, only to discover that she had become unconscious.

Sources said he became afraid at this point and invited one of his close male neighbours to come to the room and assist him check if she had died or not, adding that in the process, the visitor heard her breathe and expressed happiness that she had not died.

The source further hinted that Baby Boy woke her up, apologized to her for the defilement, pleaded with her not to reveal her ordeal to anyone else and asked her to go back to her brother’s shop and sleep.

Narrating her ordeal to newsmen, the victim who pleaded anonymity, said the whole thing started when their school closed for Christmas and she decided to go to her elder brother’s shop to assist him, adding that on the fateful evening, her brother travelled out of town.

She said contrary to their agreement with the former owner of the shop who had just moved out of the shop, that she would sell her deep freezer to them and be paid after Christmas, the freezer owner decided to come and take her freezer away that same night on the condition that she would no longer wait till January to be paid.

She said when all her pleadings fell on deaf ears and the freezer owner took away the freezer in the absence of her brother, removing all the meat and fish in the freezer, she started crying that the meat and fish would spoil without the freezer, adding that it was when Baby Boy heard her wailing that he came in, consoled her and promised to sell one of his own freezers to them on credit.

She said it was at this juncture that he lured her into his residence to go and present her case to his wife so that they can agree together and sell the freezer to them on credit, adding that throughout her ordeal, she did not even see his wife in the house.

She said that why he even spared her life was because when he thought she had died and went over to call his friend from the other room, she quietly woke up and called his brother on phone to inform him briefly that Baby Boy was raping her and that he even threatened to strangle and throw her body away, without heaven falling.

She said as she briefly informed her brother about the incident, she heard his footsteps coming back to the room with his friend and quickly dropped the phone, pretending that she was still unconscious, until she heard her brother call Baby Boy to ask him what was going on but Baby Boy denied and told his brother that she was lying down with his wife, while he was sleeping in another room.

She admitted that he apologized and pleaded with her for pardon, adding that she quietly went back to the shop in pains and sat down all through the night as she could not sleep.

Very early in the morning, she started hearing bangs on the door, initially she was afraid it could be Baby Boy again but when the knocks became persistent and she heard them saying they were vigilante operatives, she opened the door and they asked her what happened and she narrated her ordeal to them.

She said the operatives quickly went in search of him and eventually arrested him, and while they were still debating whether to take him to Obosi Police station, they saw a team of DSS operatives on special duty and they handed Baby Boy over to them and they took him to Awka for interrogations.

She said a woman whom her brother called on phone that night contacted the vigilante operatives early in the morning.

Commenting on the development, the traditional ruler of Obosi community, HRH, Igwe Chidubem Iweka III, told newsmen in his palace that Baby Boy was notorious for such rape cases, adding that it appeared he was equally into cultism. Insisting that the community will not condone such atrocious act, Igwe Iweka therefore said that the law should take its course in this regard.

The monarch disclosed that the girl had been taken to the hospital for medical examination and treatment after undergoing a series of laboratory tests.

Confirming the arrest to newsmen in a telephone chat, the State Director of DSS, Alex Okeiyi said apart from the rape case for which Baby Boy was arrested, he had also been implicated in robbery and kidnap cases, by some other suspected criminals who are already facing armed robbery and kidnap charges.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.