By LAJU ARENYEKA
In campuses all over Nigeria, it’s that matriculation season again. Don’t let all those jealous people deceive you-You have all the right to look your best on your matriculation day. After all, where were they when you waited years for admission? Here are some tips to help you shine on your special day.
1. Cologne: With yards of material atop a suit; from a long procession under the sun, to a frantic search for seats, it would be wise to smell the way you want to be addressed. Lay a foundation with a good bath and some deodorant, and top it all off with that perfume set aside for special occasions.
2. Suits: Uncomfortable as they might seem, suits are the perfect fit for matriculation. They give your shoulders a masculine look beneath your gown and totally prevent you from looking shabby.
3. Hair and beards: Having your hair full will not do justice to your face when your cap is on, and Mo Hawks have no place under the matriculation cap. Go for a clean cut, and a shave that gives your face a sharp profile.
4. Tie: Rumours are that the new hobo tie, made popular by the winner of this year’s Lagos Fashion Week, Josh Samuels, might just be common place at matriculation ceremonies all over the country this year. If that’s not your style, then pick something – slim or flat – that suits your taste and knot it up for success.
5. Jewellery: The wristwatch, the ring and the bracelet: One or all of these will give you a first class day. The wristwatch could be leather, but for the others, stay away from inferior material.