BY Johnbosco Agbakwuru
Calabar—A midnight inferno which engulfed a nine- room apartment at No. 125 Goldie Street, Calabar has rendered 39 occupants of the building homeless while property worth several millions of naira were destroyed.
The fire destroyed household items, which included electronics, sewing machines, furniture, clothes and cash.
The victims are now prone to diseases as they are exposed to hash Calabar rainy weather, mosquito bites and other unfavorable weather elements.
The inferno was attributed to sparks from electrical appliances from one of the rooms.