By Taiwo Orimadegun
Until recently, many thought belts were meant to hold trousers. Current style trends have given this fashion accessory a new name. Ladies’ belts have become more of a fashion veritable statement piece in recent years.
Belts, whether wide, thin, or thick, will transform any outfit in a flash when you need that extra touch of style. A belt could make the difference you need to make that perfect statement for that evening outing, red carpet
event or just for that “chic” look.
Belts can help you define your waist while showing your curves in an elegant way. You can cinch your belt just anywhere you are comfortable with on your torso. Whether on your waist, under your bust or even your hip.
Some Hints for Your Belt Cinching Experience:
* Enhance a simple, solid colored top, gown or shirt with a leather or suede belt right under the bust or loosely draped around the hips.
* Accentuate apparel that has gathers around the waist or underneath the bust with a belt. This will enhance your bosom.
* Cinch a thick or thin waist-level belt with a pair of trousers, high-waist skirt, pencil skirt, classic dress tops or on a simple dress.
* Transform a plain dress or dress a funky looking wide belt, by pairing it with a color that matches you shoe or bag; it will give you another stylish appeal.
* For that diva style “glam” look, cinch a sophisticated belt on a trendy low-rise jeans at the hip over a fitted shirt, vest or tank top.
* A wide elastic belt will do the magic for plus size ladies, it gives a true flattering appearance to your waist while still showing all the curves.
* When buying a belt, buy the right size that fits. Do keep in mind that your body’s proportions matters a lot when choosing a belt.
Also cinching a good belt will refresh any outfit any day and accentuate different aspects of your outfit and body totally. It can also help in
hiding all the negative bulge around your torso.
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.