..3 in FCT, 2 in Oyo
By Chioma Obinna
Nigeria has on Friday recorded another five new cases of COVID19 bringing the cases to 70.
Announcing this on its Twitter handle @ncdc.gov, the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, said out of the five new cases, 3 are in FCT and 2 in Oyo State.
“As at 08:00 pm 27th March there are 70 cases of confirmed #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. 3 have been discharged with 1 death.
For a breakdown of cases by states ,
Currently; Lagos- 44; FCT- 14; Ogun- 3; Ekiti- 1; Oyo- 3; Edo- 1; Bauchi- 2; Osun-1; and Rivers-1.
Meanwhile, the Ekiti State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Kayode Fayemi, on Friday stated that his coronavirus test result revealed he is negative of the disease.
Fayemi who had earlier announced his self-isolation after taking the test on Wednesday said he “was in meetings with two people who had since tested positive.”
“I just received my test result from NCDC and it is negative. Thanks to all for your concern. This, however, calls for continued vigilance on the part of everyone. Covid-19 is real and we cannot afford to be complacent,” the governor posted on Twitter.
Coronavirus is a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. Human coronaviruses according to report were first discovered in the late 1960s.
The COVID-19 coronavirus was first discovered in Wuhan, China in December, 2019. Its common symptoms include: cough, fever, tiredness, difficulty breathing (severe cases), according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean