
Is Nigeria undermining its Digital Economy with bad policy decisions?
He weeps after sex
At Last NASS transmits detailed Budget 2016 to Buhari
Ekiti works commissioner resigns
‘Saraki’s pension used for education endowment’
FG assures of effective implementation of 2016 budget
MasterCard launches IQ series to minimize false payment
32 Indonesian companies woo Nigerians to new products
Benue varsity gets new governing council
Ekiti works commisioner resigns
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter, and be the first to get the latest news on Vanguard.
SubscribeAngola, hit by collapse of oil prices, seeks IMF aid
Angola said Wednesday it had asked the International Monetary Fund for help after the crash in oil prices ravaged government finances.
Falana meets Elzakzaky in solitary confinement, demands his unconditional release
After several months of being in solitary confinement without access to his lawyers and members of his Islamic Movement of Nigeria, the leader of the Shiites sect in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem Elzakzaky was allowed to meet with his team of lawyers, led by Femi Falana and a member of his movement at the detention facility last week Friday, Vanguard exclusively gathered in Abuja.
422m adults live with diabetes – WHO
The number of people living with diabetes has almost quadrupled since 1980 to 422 million adults, with most living in developing countries, a World Health Organisation (WHO) report said on Wednesday.
Anger over Israeli lawmaker’s ‘racist’ hospital remarks
A far-right Israeli lawmaker sparked anger Wednesday after he said he would not want his wife to give birth in a hospital next to Arab mothers — comments widely condemned as racist.
El-Rufa’i to commit N29.6bn on power supply, agriculture
Kaduna State Government said it would commit over N29.6 billion on power supply, agriculture and rail transport.
2022 World Cup: Composers of false reports on Qatar aim to earn money – journalist
Enemies of Qatar, the 2022 FIFA World Cup host are yet to lay down their arms after numerous failed attempts to get the world football governing body, FIFA to take the hosting right from the gulf state.
Allow Dasuki access to his counsel, Court orders prosecution
A FCT High Court, Maitama, Abuja, on Wednesday granted ordered the prosecution to allow Dauski access to his lawyers during working hours
CBAAC says patronising “Made-in-Nigeria’’ goods will boost foreign exchange earnings
The Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization (CBAAC) has urged the Federal Government to create an enabling environment for `Made-in-Nigeria’ goods to thrive in the country.
2 persons died in fire incident in Escravos – Chevron
Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), an operator of Joint Venture with the NNPC, says a fire outbreak has occurred at its storage facility in Escravos.
Badagry residents commend LASG on Lagos -Badagry expressway rehabilitation
Some residents in Badagry on Wednesday commended the Lagos State Government for the ongoing rehabilitation work on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.
Saraki authorised transfer of 3.4m dollars to U.S., witness tells court
An Economic and Financial Crimes commission (EFCC) witness, Mr Michael Wetcast, on Wednesday told the Code of Conduct Tribunal that Bukola Saraki authorised the transfer of 3.4 million dollars to his USA bank account.
Saraki’s aides made 70 lodgements into his account in one day — EFCC
Full-blown trial of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, kicked off before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, sitting in Abuja, yesterday, with the Federal Government producing its first witness to testify against him.
The Nation holds forum on economy
LAGOS — To chart a way forward for the country’s economy amid its current downturn, the management of The Nation newspaper, said it was set to hold the maiden edition of its National Forum on the Economy. The forum, which is in collaboration with CEEDEE Resources, is themed: “National Economy: The way Forward,” and will […]
North-East youths berate Fayose over comments on Chibok girls
North-East youths under the umbrella of North-East Youth Peace and Development Empowerment Initiative, NEYPDI, have berated Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state over comments credited to him that over 300 Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram sect were never abducted.
Horrendous burial ceremonies In Urhoboland
THE Urhobo people are inexorably obsessed with matters concerning their customs and traditions. They hold on to their tradition with pathological imperativeness notwithstanding the hybrid of Western bastardies and civilisational interfacing (religion and education ).
Subscribe to our E-EDITIONS
Subscribe to our digital e-editions here, and enjoy access to the exact replica of Vanguard Newspapers publications.
Subscribe