By Emman Ovuakporie
ABUJA-SPECIAL Adviser to the Speaker of Representatives, Malam Imam Imam Monday denied media reports that his principal, Aminu Tambuwal has defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
In a statement issued and signed by the media aide to the speaker, he insisted that Tambuwal was still making consultations on his political future and that he has not defected.
The statement read in part said”due to various media inquiries about the purported defection of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, we wish to state the following:
1. That today, Monday, 20/10/2014, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tony Anenih, led other members of the party on a reconciliation meeting in Sokoto but the Speaker of the House of Representatives and a member of the NEC of the PDP, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR, was not invited to the meeting.
2. That Rt. Hon Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was later invited by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, to attend the meeting of their political family to discuss the political future of Sokoto State.
3. That the Speaker, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, duly obliged and attended the meeting.
4. That the meeting had in attendance prominent Sokoto citizens many of who have no known political affiliation. The most notable been the Sardauna of Sokoto and former Minister of Finance, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji.
5. That consultations on the Speaker’s political future continues and the outcome will be made public at the appropriate time.