The university main gate
The Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE), on Friday said no student died on Thursday during the issues that came up with the Computer Based Test (CBT) as it was being rumoured by some online news bloggers.
The Registrar of the university, Mr Mufutau Ibrahim, made the declaration in a statement issued in Oye-Ekiti.
He said the management has postponed the CBT by one week in order to address issues raised by students and other stakeholders concerning the conduct of the exams.
According to him, some issues have been raised concerning the conduct of the examinations which bothers on the fact that some students are yet to be examined.
The statement read in part: “The university management noted the issues that have arisen in the course of administering the CBT as we make academic progress with the first semester examinations and strongly express regret at the turn of events.
“It is pertinent to point out that concerned students had been duly informed that the CBT had been cancelled to accommodate the JAMB Mock UTME as scheduled.
“It is unfortunate that students still troop in large numbers to the university’s ICT centre, which almost resulted in mob action.
“We did not record any death in the course of the examination as it was being rumoured by fake online news.
“To this end, all CBT Examinations have been postponed for one week as an immediate and interim measure. For the avoidance of doubt, all pen-on-paper first semester examinations will go on as scheduled.”
The statement noted that the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Abayomi Fasina, and his management team have set up a committee to address issues from planning to allegations of extortion made against some security personnel.
The Registrar, however, apologised to the students for the inconveniences the decision of the management might have caused them. (NAN)
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.