The League Management Company (LMC), organisers of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), have now picked Nov. 3 as a new kick-off date for the 2019/2020 NPFL season.
The new date for the start of the Nigeria League is being backed by the conduct of the draw for the competition, held late on Monday in Abuja.
The draw was supervised by the LMC Chairman, Shehu Dikko, and the company’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), Salihu Abubakar.
According to the LMC, the league will revert to its original format of the 20 club sides represented in a single NPFL log.
During the course of the season, which will run from November to May, each club will play in a double round-robin system.
They will face each other once at their home stadium and once at that of each of their opponents, for 38 games each, according to NAN report.
After a long consultative meeting which began at 6 p.m. and ended at 12 midnight, it was also agreed that the long-awaited season will now kick off on Nov. 3.
It is expected to end on May 30, 2020.
THE NPFL 2019/2020 MATCHDAY 1 FIXTURES
- Wikki Tourists vs Jigawa Stars
- Plateau United vs Lobi Stars
- Delta Force vs Akwa Starlets
- Kano Pillars vs Rivers United
- Heartland FC vs MFM FC
- FC IfeanyiUbah vs Adamawa United
- Rangers International vs Sunshine Stars
- Warri Wolves vs Akwa United
- Abia Warriors vs Katsina United
- Enyimba International vs Nasarawa United