By Victor Arjiromanus

It was a sad end for two motorcycle robbers, as they were burned to death by a mob opposite Fatgbems Filling Station at Mile 2 area, Lagos, while their victim, Kabiru, died moments later from the injuries he sustained during the attack.

Rapid Response Squad (RRS) on Special Traffic Enforcement at Mile 2, Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, File Photo

Vanguard gathered that the three suspects, who were specialists in snatching motorcycles, had come out at about 6:30 a.m. yesterday, and intercepted a rider around Lacasera Junction, near Fatgbem.

Their efforts to forcefully take a motorcycle from the man proved abortive as the said motorcyclist resisted.

According to an eyewitness, who identified himself as Jamiu, “on seeing that the motorcycle owner put a strong resistance, they started cutting him on different parts of his body including the back of his neck and his hands with cutlasses.

Robbers invade NYSC lodge in Delta, shoot 3

“But the bike man continued to fight the robbers, while he shouted for help. It was at this point that people started to gather. On noticing that people were gathering, two of the suspects took to their heels, but the injured motorcyclist held on to one of them.

“The one that was caught was beaten to a pulp and set on fire. While burning the thief, information reached the mob that one of the other two that ran away had been caught by a soldier along Mile 2 Estate.

“He was immediately brought to the incident scene by a mob, beaten severely and thrown into the blazing fire where his partner was burning.”

Another source, Dalandi, a motorcyclist, confirmed that Kabiru died moments later of severe injuries.

According to him, the motorcyclist refused to hurry to a clinic despite, insisting that he would stay to watch his attackers killed.

Suspected cultists invade school in Edo, injure many students

Dlandi said: “After he confirmed that the suspects had died, he took his bike and headed for a clinic, but died on the road after losing much blood.”

It was obvious that the Police were unaware of the incident, as no officer was seen around the scene.

When the state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana, was reached, he said: “Information has not got to me,” and promised to reach the office in charge of that area.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.