Breaking News
Translate

Man, wife, baby die in Christmas day inferno

Kindly Share This Story:

By Alemma Aliu

BENIN—It was a bleak Christmas for residents of 27 Mabel Street, off Etete road in Benin City as a family of three lost their lives to an early morning fire which razed their building.

Parable of the thief, shop owner and corruption

Flames destroying the National Museum of Brazil

The landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare, said the fire started at 2a.m. when he saw smoke billowing from one of the tenants’ room.

“I forced the door opened and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in. The family died in the inferno.”

A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph, said she ran into her room to pick up her child and escaped through the back door.

A neighbour, Okhuoghae Osawaru, said: “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started.

“The man is a hard-working man. He just returned from outstation to celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby. He was humble and nice. It was a pity for it to happen on Christmas day.”

The name of the man was unknown at press time.

 

Kindly Share This Story:
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!