Breaking News

DELSU guard arrested as corpse of missing student found without breasts, tongue

By Jimitita Onoyume & Perez Brisibe

ABRAKA—A security man attached to Delta State University, DELSU, Abraka, and two other suspects have been arrested over a missing student, whose decomposing body has been found with her tongue and breasts cut off.

Late Olozino Ogege
Late Olozino Ogege

Orogun monarch confers chieftaincy title on Gov Okowa’s father

The discovery happened on the same day residents of Umono Street in Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State discovered the lifeless body of a two-year-old male child abandoned near an electricity transformer.

The 300 Level student of the Department of Mass Communication, Olozino Ogege, was declared missing last Thursday after she reportedly went out to meet an agent, who was assisting her secure an apartment in the university town.

A source, who simply gave his name as Michael, said: “Her decomposing body was found on Friday with her tongue and breasts severed from her body.”

The discovery has sent shivers down the spine of residents of the university community, mostly students, as they attribute the incident to the activities of ritualists who pride themselves as Yahoo Boys.


Though efforts to speak with the Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, were fruitless, a senior Police officer at the Abraka Police Station, who confirmed the incident to Vanguard, said a security operative of the university and two others were arrested in connection with the incident.

The security source said: “When she was declared missing, we were able to track her phone which was in custody of a security personnel attached to the university.

“Upon interrogation, he made confessional statements, leading to the arrest of two persons with a third suspect still on the run.”

Kidnapped priests

Meanwhile, one of the four Catholic priests, who were recently released by kidnappers, Rev Father Emmanuel Obadjere, has said that they slept in cassava farms with their kidnappers without food for four days.

Rev Father Obadjere, who is the Coordinator, Justice of Peace Development Commission, JDPC, of Catholic Diocese of Warri, said one of his fellow priests collapsed while they were being held, hostage.

He noted that the incident made the kidnappers, who were 10 in number, to release them.

His words: “They threatened that if anyone died among us they would kill the other three. They were bitter that no money came from anywhere despite all the calls they made with our phones.

“One of us fainted. He started dying. They had to uproot cassava for him to eat. It made them believe he was actually dying. That was why we were released. They said since money was not coming they could not stay with us beyond Friday.”

‘They were brutal’

On how they survived, he said: “We slept in a cassava farm on the first night. At night they walked us through the railway and we trekked several kilometres. We told them we did not have money.

“We said we were doing the work of God. The statement made them become angry. We were all in our cassock, so there was no doubt about our identity.

“They were very brutal and violent; they beat us. They said they would kill us if we don’t bring money.

“Their age bracket is between 20 and 30, and they were speaking Fulfulde. I understand Hausa, so I knew it was Fulfulde they were speaking.

“We stopped and tried to run into the bush. But they pursued us, caught up with us and kept walking us deeper into the bush. They were 10 in number with guns.

“About 10 minutes later, the Police came close to where we were and started shooting. But they did not see us, so could not rescue us.”



Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.