By Dr. Francis Akin-John
As long as we practice or allow any of these barriers, our local church-es cannot regain their spiritual and scriptural health. Every Pastor and church leader must work to remove these barriers to church health.
- Seek to understand the Being and Doing of the church.
- Seek to do church in scriptural and balanced ways.
- Have courage to id-entify the particular barr-iers to your church’s health.
- Have the determinat-ion to remove them strat-egically.
- Seek God for grace, capacity and leadership to lead a healthy local church.
May you receive the grace to grow healthy, Jesus-centered and devil-defying churches, in Jesus name.
Church is burning light in the world
- It is a fact that God has fashioned the Church to shine His light into darkness, and that is what we must do regardless of where we live or work. If we succumb to the devil’s attacks in our Church — allowing Him to trample on the lamp, drain the oil, and put out the fire of the Spirit—it will snuff out God’s light in our world! That is why the devil hates the Church and wants to extin-guish its flame!
- We’ve invented antidote to insurgency, corruption, crimes — Four Nigerian engineers boast
- As we blaze with the Spirit’s fire and preach the uncompro-mising Word of God, a piercing light shines forth into the darkness that surrounds us. Imagine how dark the world would be if there were no Chur-ch, no preaching, no dec-laration of the Bible, and no movement of the Spirit. It is no wonder why the de-vil hates the Church! We are his greatest threat!
- In II Corinthians 4:4, Paul spoke of the Church shining light into the lives of unbelievers, saying, “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” By burning with the oil of the Spirit and shining light in the world, we can hinder the work of Satan in this world and cause men who are blinded by darkness to see the light that can set them free!
- The Church is the “oil-burning lamp” of God in the world. Therefore, don’t let the devil extinguish your light or talk you into giving up on the Church! Satan is terrified of the Body of Christ because he knows it is his greatest enemy in the world. Don’t ever forget this, regardless of what you see, hear, or feel about the Church. And remember — you are a member of the Body, and the devil is terrified of you!
- So make the decision today to let the Holy Spirit set your heart afire. Then guard that flame and don’t let anything snuff it out, so that you and the local body of believers God has placed you in can keep shining the light of the Gospel to those who are lost in darkness!