By Dayo Johnson
Akure—THE suspected killer of the daughter of the former Ondo State deputy governor, Seidu Sakiru Adeyemi, has been remanded in Olokuta Prison by an Akure Chief Magistrate’s Court.
Adeyemi was charged to court on a two-count charge of conspiracy and murder, contrary to Section 316 of the Criminal Laws of Ondo State, 2006.
In the charge sheet, Adeyemi was alleged to have killed 25-year-old Khadijat Oluboyo who was his girlfriend, and buried her in his room.
The charge read: “That you, Seidu Sakiru Adeyemi, and others at large, on July 27, at about 7:30p.m. at Aratusi Street, Oke Aro, Akure, did conspire with others to murder contrary to Section 324, Ondo State Law of 2006.
“That you did kill one Khadijat Oluboyo, 25, by strangulating her to death and burying her inside your room contrary to Section 316, Ondo State Law, 2006.”
Police prosecutor, Mary Adebayo, briefed the court that the accused killed and tried to cover up the killing by burying the body of victim inside his room.
Adebayo prayed the court for an application to remand the accused, pending the advice from the Department of Public Prosecutions, DPP.
He told the court that since it was a murder case, the court had no jurisdiction and pleaded for his remand in prison
Counsel to the suspect, Taiwo Gbadebo, did not oppose the application.
In her ruling, Magistrate Victoria Bob-Manuel ordered the suspect remanded in Olokuta Prison till August 23 for review, pending advice from DPP.
Victoria also directed the Police to hand over original copies of his case file to the Ministry of Justice for legal advice.
Whereabouts of suspect’s family unknown
Meanwhile, the family of the suspected killer is yet to return to their house after they left last Thursday.
The father of the suspect, Alhaji Alani Alao; mother, identified as Alhaja, and the three tenants living in the boys quarters with the suspect, disappeared since the suspect was paraded by the state Police Command.
One of their neighbours told Vanguard, yesterday, that the family members have not returned to the house located at Oke Aro Extension in Akure metropolis, after leaving on Thursday night.
The neighbour said: “Nobody has returned to the two buildings since they left last week Thursday.
“They did not leave any forwarding address. In fact, they left hurriedly after their son was paraded on television by the Police.”
Sources said some detectives came to the house last Friday, but were shocked that the house was deserted.