The Nigeria Police Force said it had so far arrested more than 20 principal suspects in connection with the recent bank robbery in Offa, Kwara.
Newsmen report that armed robbers had attacked five commercial banks in Offa on April 5, during which 17 persons, including policemen and a pregnant woman were killed.
The Force spokesman, ACP Jimoh Moshood, in a statement in Abuja on Friday, said that details of the suspects were released to the public including the following exhibits that were recovered from them.
The exhibits are: two Beretta Pistols, 20 Rounds of Live Ammunition, four cell phones and SIM cards belonging to victims, some of whom were killed during the attack.
The spokesman said that the suspects were cooperating with the police in the investigation into the incident.
“Currently, some of the other gang leaders and principal suspects at large are being identified and their pictures obtained for further investigation,” he said.
He said that the photographs of the wanted suspects have being released to the public for assistance to arrest them.
Moshood said that the suspects were also being placed on INTERPOL Watch list and Red.
He said that other sister security and safety agencies were equally implored to arrest them and hand over to the nearest Police Station or Formations across the country.
Moshood assured informants whose information would lead to the arrest the suspects of their protection, in addition to the pledge of N5 million by the Kwara State Government.
He said the Force would leave no stone unturned in ensuring that all the perpetrators of the Offa Banks Robbery were arrest.