The Principal and chief Executive of Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, Prof. Sunny .E. Iyuke, has urged staff who distinguished themselves through their services to consolidate their ideas for more strategic development of the Institute.
Prof. Sunny who lauded the Awardees for their collective efforts and achievements in the institute, equally noted that their contributions to the development of the Institute have positively shaped the Institute to its present level.
The Principal made this known at the occasion of the long service Award ceremony of 2016 and 2017 recipients.
According to him, the occasion was held to honour worthy staff members who have attained the milestones of 35, 30, 25 and 15 years respectively.
“The Management of PTI is proud to honour the recipients, who have made numerous and invaluable contributions toward the growth of this great Institute, THE CENTRE OF EXCELLECE.
“It is worthy to mention that PTI for 44 years has been a hub of petroleum expertise with a notable reputation for providing high quality technical education and research in petroleum related disciplines.
“It has also continued to develop competent technological manpower that is driving the wheels of the oil and gas sectors within the country and beyond”, he said.
Speaking further, Prof. Sunny reeled out the achievements of the institute to include:
- Reconnection of the burnt 33KVA line which has led to regular power and water supplies in the Institute,
- Uninterrupted Academic Activities,
- Industrial Peace on Campus,
- Confirmation of 159 Staff employed in 2015,
- Revitalization of the offshore Technology center (OTC),
- Establishment of Skill Development Academy Centre at the Osubi Campus,
- Reactivation of Research and Development Directorate,
- Regular promotion of staff as and when due,
- Construction of 300 seater Auditorium and Road networks on campus,
- Renovation of the ultra- modern swimming pool, students hostels (both male and female), academic block, etc,
- Revitalization of the NDDC Hostel to suite the comfort of our female students,
- Commencement of National Diploma Programme in Computer Science and Information Technology with effect from 2017/2018 session,
- Introduction of Post HND and Masters Programme in Petroleum Engineering,
- Digitalization of PTI a.k.a (Dipti) which will kickoff soon,
- PTI students bagged first position in the 2017 (SPE) conference quiz, debate and academic presentation held in Lagos,
- Gold Award by (SPE) in recognition of its exceptional programme in industry engagement, professional development, innovations and community involvement.
“In spite of these successes, there is still a lot to be done. The oil and gas sector is undergoing aggressive reformations and competitions from similar Institutions with PTI which is becoming more competitive.
“And as such, we must all rise up to surmount these challenges and to play active role in meeting the yearnings of our”, he finally said.