Breaking News

We thank God for our son, Yusuf returns after his medical trip – Aisha Buhari

The wife of the President, Aisha Buhari has confirmed the return of her son, Mr. Yusuf Buhari, who on Tuesday, December 26,2017 had a motorbike accident, to the country on Thursday after undergoing further treatment overseas.

Aisha Buhari confirming the return on her Twitter handle wrote: ‘We thank God for the return of our son Yusuf today after his medical trip. On land at the airport he was received by the Minister of Health (State) Dr. Osagie, while at the Villa he was welcomed by family members, Wife of the Vice President, the Interior minister.’

She further thanked  Governor Yaya Bello and others saying:  ‘On behalf of the family I wish to express our appreciation for the goodwill & prayers since the unfortunate accident. May God Almighty bless all & continue to guide us all aright.’

Yusuf Buhari Returns
Yusuf Buhari Returns

President Buhari’s son, Yusuf Buhari, initially was admitted into Cedarcrest Hospital, Abuja, following injuries he sustained the motorcycle accident and was reportedly flown to Germany for further treatment.

According to a statement last year issued then by Mr Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity he said that the Medical Director of Cedarcrest Hospital, Dr Felix Ogedegbe, confirmed the “cheery news.’’

Adesina quoted Ogedegbe as saying that Yusuf Buhari underwent successful emergency surgical operations carried out by a team of neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons here in Nigeria.

Also in recently the Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie debunked rumours claiming that President Muhammadu Buhari’s only son,Yusuf Buhar, was dead.

Onochie described as fake news the reports about Yusuf’s death. She tweeted: “The news making the rounds regarding Yusuf Buhari, son of Pres. Buhari & Aisha Buhari, is Fake. “He is very alive, to their shame.” The rumour began on the number one Nigerian online platform, Nairaland with a story credited to a Mohammed Ogundele. The fake news was published on 20 February. (Source of the Fake News. All the links have now been removed and the story deleted.


Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.